Virtual Conference FAQ
To protect people’s health and wellbeing, this year ISEE have to cancel the in-person conference scheduled for August in Washington DC and instead organize a virtual meeting for 2020
Q: Will the virtual meeting take place at the same time as the previous Meeting dates?
A: ISEE 2020 Virtual Meeting will take place on August 24-27, 2020. Timetable for the scientific program will be announced soon.
Q: What if I am not available on these dates
A: The good news about a Virtual Meeting is that it will be available to all participants for a period of three months after the actual dates. You can go back, view and learn from all the sessions and career development opportunities, as many times as you want, when you want.
Q: What will be available to me as a registered participant?
A: The new virtual meeting will offer you the FULL experience and the opportunity to take part in every aspect of the program including:
- Access to all presentations and sessions. Attend any and all of the sessions whenever and wherever for a period of three months.
- Networking with your colleagues. Use the world map to browse the list of participants (who approve their names to be shared) and use the conference system to contact those delegates and network.
- Access to all e-poster sessions. Browse research on different topics.
- The chance to join the debate. Attend program events and participate in conversations during live Q&A sessions.
- Opportunity to ask questions and give feedback.
You will be able to attend more lectures and more events and keep the discussion going with your fellow delegates, at no extra cost.
Q: If I submit an abstract do I have to attend the Conference?
A: It is expected that at least one author of the accepted abstract attends the meeting to present the work and answer questions. Only abstracts of registered participants will be scheduled in the Scientific Program.
Q: I have submitted an abstract, when will I know if it has been accepted?
A: Acceptance letters are being sent on June 5, 2020. The registration deadline for abstract submitters and further details are provided within the acceptance letters.
Q: If my abstract is accepted, where will it be published?
A: The accepted abstracts with registered presenters will be published in Environmental Health Perspectives (EHP) journal.